Monday, August 29, 2005

Aug 28
Went to Walmart today. But before reaching there, we found this wonderful shop called the Dollar Tree, where everything costs a dollar only. Yipee! Cherlyn and I are so definitely going back there next week. We didn't get any foodstuff cos we've limit ourselves to $20 per fortnight for grocery shopping and we've already reached that limit last wk. Yup just in case you guys are concerned about my welfare, dun worry, I'm on the 7 meals a week meal plan which is more than sufficient bcos I'm not a big eater. How do I settle the rest of my meals? Well usually breakfast is a cereal bar and I'll use my Big Red Bucks for lunch at one of the campus' cafes. Big Red Bucks is this $500 credit that we get, but of course it's inclusive in our meal plan. So after some calculation (well we didn't do it, the engineering seniors had it all calculated for us already), it's more than enough to feed us luch for the rest of the semester.
We didn't shop too long down south today cos we wanted to go check out the CCA fair in Barton Hall. It wasn't too bad, we got free frisbees. However, think we're just a bit too sleepy to really register what's going on around us so we left after about 45 mins. Came back, dump laundry into washer, sleep, wake up, dump laundry into dryer, sleep summore. And yup later went out for dinner at Appels. Roomie and I always eat dinners at Appels now bcos of the horrible crowd at Robert Purcell (RPCC). Once bitten, twice shy. And also because of the old couple that always cook delicious fried rice with egg. So Dad and Mom, dun worry, I eat plenty of rice everyday. Sometimes fried noodles too. But I think Sundays are their (the old couple) off-days cos today it was this young guy cooking. The replacement chef wasn't any good so... now I know :)
Then we proceeded to attend the Singapore Students' Association (SSA) Annual General Meeting (AGM) at RPCC. The SSA Exco recently received some criticism because they decided to start this "goodwill contribution". Think the main concern was that this organisation is non-profit so some people were a little disgruntled over the donations. I personally find that it's no big deal, cos they're only asking for $1 to $3 per person, and it's not even compulsory. Oh well. And ahahaha we exchange students also got special mention bcos of our escapade on Fri. Well not me strictly speaking, but the 3 of them (Jowyn, Denise and Cherlyn) bcos Yuan Jun, the SSA President, literally rescued them from the wilderness. So now the four of us are obliged to contribute an article to the SSA newsletter. Stranded 101 is the tentative title. I bet it's gonna be fun to write. *grin*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey dear,you sound like u are having so much fun! ahaha. buy sth for me in every of those $1 shops okie? *muahaha!* i am shopping a whole lot here in sg as well, haiz. my moolah is disappearing at an alarming rate. :( my grey matter is furiously at work though. *calculating the exchange rate + shipping fees when i order from online shops.* hee. msn soon yeah! love u! :D