Sunday, October 16, 2005

Last week at this time of the day, I was still at the Premium Outlet shopping. Now, I've gotta study for my mid-term test on Monday. What an interesting revelation. Well, just taking a short break here (yeah right who am I kidding... I haven't even started much studying) cos I just read my roomie's blog on the Massachusetts trip and mine, in comparison, is woefully inadequate. So let me make ammends :)

The MIT hacks are perhaps the most intriguing aspect of their culture. Besides the "police car" hack, there are plenty of other things that the students put up on the roof of the great dome, including a snowman on a very hot summer day and a gigantic screw. Another famous hack involved turning all the chairs in a lecture hall to face the back of the hall. Mind you, these chairs were bolted down to the floor individually and it was all done overnight so it's really quite amazing how they were able to pull it off.

Here's a picture of the 4 of us in our coordinated clothing:

This was the second day, the one we spent at the Premium Outlet shopping. The picture was taken at the recep area at Day's Inn. We spent 3 mornings eating bagels by the window and waiting for the rest to wake up. Yesh surprisingly, most of the time, the girls were punctual but not the guys. Kind of makes you wonder what the world is coming to.


This the pic we took after our dinner at Legal Seafood. The guys from left: Jian Long, Chinning and Wee Lee (yes, I did get the spelling wrong haha). It's amazing how well we got along as dinner companions within 3 hours. As mentioned earlier, the 2 MIT guys left dinner with 2 very very silly nicknames and it all started when we decided to guess one another's JCs, secondary schs and primary schs. I think Cherlyn's school was perhaps the hardest to guess out of the 4 of us girls. Then when we tried to guess Jian Long's sch, he very nicely gave us some clues. He hinted that his school is actually some sort of confectionary and it's six letters long. And guess what happened next? Cherlyn was shooting out words like cupcake, donut, cookie, muffin etc. If I never told you before, one thing my roomie well-versed at is snacks of all sorts. So we (the 4 girls) started laughing non-stop, leaving the guys rather bewildered I guess. And Cherlyn wouldn't stop calling out different types of food! She kept going on, gosh! So if you take a step back and think about the situation real carefully, 2 of the smartest guys of '83 (they're all scholars) being laughed at by 4 silly girls is really quite sad on their part I think. Yeah I shan't disclose their nicknames here, think that's quite enough already hee. Btw, turns out Jian Long was from Pandan Pri and I (yesh the all-magnificent me) guessed it haha. *victory sign*

Yeah think that's enough for the night, back to mugging :)

3 comments:

liPs said...

MIT's so cool! aw. compared to everywhere here it sounded so fun! *gushes* oh well ;P

Ben & Jerry's!!! hope you enjoyed the ice-cream :) anyway they have "scoop shops" in Singapore already, just to let you know :)

it's ok you didn't see any Hollister... i'm so looking forward to my 2 sweaters!!! thanks so so so SOOOOO much!!! *huge grinz* [getting too hyper already right. :P]

take care, keep warm & don't fall sick! :)

angel* said...

JINGYIN!! you're wearing a SHORT SKIRT!! (i don't know which is more shocking, the fact tt it's a skirt, or the fact tt it's short. hurm) hahaha but you look good la =)

the bummer said...

darn... i knew it was only a matter of time before someone notices... there goes my image le...