Wednesday, December 07, 2005

It's study break now. I'm doing literally what it stands for. Studying and taking a break. And my body decided to take a break too. Well it's my immune system actually. I was down with flu for a couple of days. It started on Friday afternoon for no good reason. Honestly, I really have no idea how I caught the bug. Was feeling pretty miserable for the rest of Friday. We had dinner at Yizhuan's house that night, I hope none of them caught my bug. Special thanks to Yizhuan, Sam, Yan Kai and James for their hospitality and marvellous food! We had a lunch appointment on Saturday but I gave that one a miss. Shavonne's a Cornell student who went to Austria on exchange last year, so we got to know her early in the year during one of those gathering-thingys. She's really nice, alot of fun and a great soccer player too. Anyways, she invited us to her house for lunch, which I didn't go (end up sleeping the afternoon away haha). We went for an ice hockey match at night. Cornell's ice hockey is supposed to be the best among the Ivy League schools. Yar we won again, narrowly this time. The opposing team scored first, then during the last third of the game, Cornell scored one so the score was a draw. Then at the very last 20 seconds of the game, Cornell's ice hockey team miraculously scored another goal. It's actually a pretty rough game. The players really like to crash into each other or try and ram the opponent into the sides. On Sunday, I went to watch Harry Potter :) Quite a good show, in my opinion. The essence of the book was there, but think those who hadn't read the book before would find the movie a tee wee bit confusing. Now, Cherlyn is gaga over the guy who acted as Cedric Diggory haha. Yeah really have to thank her for putting up with all my nose-blowing and probably coughing. I'm slowly evolving into the coughing stage which means I'll be fine in a day or two. Meanwhile, I've started to pack. No problems as yet. I should have enough luggage space for my stuff. Just hope that it doesn't snow too heavily. Pulling 2 large luggages through ankle-deep snow is not fun. Looking forward to some nice warm sunshine in Florida.

No comments: