Saturday, August 05, 2006

Singapore Open Shooting Championships 2006, my third year participating. Coach told me last week that the 1st time is to gain experience, 2nd time to test water, 3rd time must "go there and whack!" I didn't whack anyone (pls, shooting is a non-violent sport ok) but I'm damn proud of myself.

yay :)

There were only 30 participants in my category. In the 40-shot competition, the moment I fired my last shot and lowered the gun, the timekeeper signaled the end of the competition. So I literally fired to the last second, "wasting no time at all" as what Mr Eddie Lim (ex-coach) said jokingly. The spectators applauded. I could only smile, still dazed by that fact. I thought I had a minute left. I came in 8th thus qualifying for the finals. Then I think I climbed up one placing after the finals. No prizes for being 7th but I think the knowledge that I improved and shot well is the best prize for me.

1 comment:

Jingyang said...

dear, you did go out and whack pple. in fact, 23 other people. :) i'm proud of you! ^^ *muacks*