Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Exams are over, hols have started. To kick it off, a blog revamp.

Ta-da.

Okay I seem to sound less enthusiastic than I ought to be. I blame this on having to wake up at 5.45am this morning and the impending rain. When I'm trying to study, I love the rain. It calms me. When I'm trying to sleep, I love the rain too. It cools me. When I'm trying play... well you get the idea. A tan is so out of the question now.

What have I been up to lately? Well right after the last paper, went out with the girls (Qiaohui, Engel, Priya and Angie) for dinner at HV. On Friday, I pigged out at the library. My mom lent me her library card and my dad's (I can't remember the last time he borrowed a book...) so I made full use of them. Saturday was devoted to driving, vivocity and a free threading. Sunday was devoted to cooking, reading manga and LOTR. Monday was devoted to subject registration and more LOTR.

Lemme just rave a little about the books I found in the library. My habit is to walk down the shelves in alphabetical order, so the first author I checked out was Boris Akunin. Was looking forward to reading another book in his Erast Fandorin series but there weren't any new ones. I'm quite fond of Fandorin. Sigh. Akunin did have a new book though, featuring a nun this time. Haven't read the book yet but I dun think Akunin will let me down. I walked down further to Lindsey Davis for my all-time favourite informer with dark curly hair. Lo and behold! A Falco book I haven't read! I thought I must have cleaned out the entire series back in 2004. Anyway, that made me deliriously happy. I just finished the book last night (well early this morning to be exact...) and yesh, I think I'm in love. I might just re-read the whole series now.

Happy hols everyone!

No comments: