Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Am I having fun here? Yeah well sort of I guess. It's not full-blown, all-out fun though. Maybe the novelty is wearing off. (That was fast...)

Take a moment and think about the situation I'm in. 

1. New job. First job (sort of).
2. Foreign country, foreign culture, foreign environment, foreign people.
3. Away from family and friends.
4. Away from homely comforts.

I know I'm lucky to be here. I feel lucky to be here. But it doesn't mean all is sunny and clear blue skies. My problem is that over-worry, over-think, over-analyze. Or more succintly put, I'm a kancheong spider. So although there's only car, house, work, moolah and travelling to think about, I'm already feeling a little overwhelmed.

(And still got time and energy to blog. Mary, Mary, so contrary.)

Sigh. I suppose everything will work out somehow. 

3 comments:

Jing Ee said...

of course it will work out fine... Look at your bro.... 3yrs liao no problems... some stuffs no need to calculate too ahead lah... 1 step at a time, Just make sure u have enough $$$ when things comes up... it would be easier to handles stuffs and make decisions. Anyway if you got any problems, u can always ask ur bro, i will try to give you tips on how to handle it =)

Love Bro
Jing Ee

Anonymous said...

Hi Cha!

It can get overwhelming indeed. sometimes when things quiet down, like you have some time to yourself, the loniless might creep in. but hey, we have MSN, skype and all that. itz better than nothing :) try to take things a little slower than usual so that you can accomodate the sudden change of environment. eat well and rest well k? We are always thinking of you *hugs hugs* yell out if you need us, im sure an entourage or two will fly to you :P Stay safe and healthy my dear :>

Misses,
Superstar/Princess/Yu-san :P:P

Anonymous said...

Heh, your brother's and yu's advice are pretty sound... even the part about the entourage.

You know what I missed most about you? Your brain (yum ;). Love how you laid ur worries out all analytically... I've started doing this thing where I list the worry, its possible solutions and which soln I plan to implement (got it from a dale carnegie book). It makes me feel pretty good that I've addressed the problem, on paper at least. hope this will help too...
And you're halfway there!

i understand how knowing you're lucky to be there doesn't mean that everyday is singing with rainbows. it's not like someone's pointing a gun at our head telling us to 'enjoy this, or else!' but it can def feel that way. it turns out that usually that person w the gun... is ourselves - ooh deep.

Anyways, i'll catch you online and we can talk more ok! and longer... than just now... good night!