Sunday, May 10, 2009

Long overdue but I'm getting there...

Mt San Jacinto and Joshua Tree National Park, 22 Feb 2009

This trip was an interesting contrast of two extreme climates. I experienced knee-deep snow on one day, and the very next day I got sunburnt in the desert. I told people I was going to Palm Springs but that really wasn't the main point because sadly, Palm Springs downtown was really kinda quiet. Mt San Jacinto is the nearby mountain, 10 to 15 min cable car ride up to 8500 ft above sea level. Was surprised to see so much snow! These were remnants from a huge storm two weeks ago.


Palm Springs Downtown
This is a Joshua Tree. Very odd looking, not very tall but hoo yeah the weather was so good, the sky so blue that all my pictures turned out looking very nice indeed! (Ok should stop rambling...)

Old ranch at the National Park. Was inhabited until 1970s I think.
The reason why Joshua Tree National Park has its name as such is simply because there are so many Joshua trees.
And Skull Rock. Pretty obvious huh. :)

2 comments:

angel* said...

where's the photo of your housemate and you??

Jingyang said...

yea lor. i was just about to complain that you haven't blogged in ages! =p how come only got your pics? where are his? =p