Thursday, September 01, 2005

Aug 31
Today it rained. It rained after Microbio lab. It continued to rain the whole afternoon. The wind was strong so the umbrella was no use. My jeans got wet and my shoes were soaked. Should have worn my boots. I still had two more lessons to sit through. Needless to say, it was an uncomfortable experience. Traffic got held up when I was returning to my room (I took the shuttle bus cos it's quite a long way to walk, plus the wind and rain) so it took as long get back by bus as compared to walking back. Sheesh.
Hmm a bit more about microbio lab. We use ancient metal loops here, in contrast to the nice plastic disposable ones that NTU uses for their labs. However, each of us has a personal Gram staining kit, so that's really convenient. Oh and we don't use a lighter to light the bunsen burner. We use a flint. Which on retrospect is actually quite a good idea cos it won't run out of gas. All you need to do is to strike hard enough and the sparks will fly. Literally. Way cool.
The 4 of us met up at Denise's room after dinner to complete the newsletter article we owe the SSA. And play a few rounds of taitee. We got free ice cream too. Living in HILC has many privileges it seems. Yup so I've only just got back to my room, feeling pretty sleepy (I have the most lessons on Wednesdays you see...) so guess I'll just end here.
~~~
Happy Teachers' Day to all teachers reading this. Yes tuition teachers qualify too so to my friends out there who tutor annoying brats they can't stand, bear with it. You need the money haha. Just kidding la. Esp Happy Teachers' Day to Mommy :)
~~~

No comments: