Friday, September 02, 2005

1 Sep
Ah the start of a new month. Well actually it doesn't really mean much to me. Anyway, on to today's activities.
I met a "long-time-no-see" friend today. Melissa from Dhyrron, that's my OG during my first 3 months in RJC. Met coincidentally outside Trillium. At first, Cherlyn, Jowyn and I met Shanon, who was waiting for Melissa to get something from her. Shanon's this SAF scholar who's a freshman this year but we were also in the same OG. In fact he was on the same flight to Ithaca as we were. Small world. Yar then he mentioned that he was actually waiting for Melissa and then went "hey, you should know her too! same OG!" Sure enough, I recognised her at first sight. In fact, that's not all. Melissa was from St. Nicholas and so was Jowyn so they were like "hey!! I know you too!!" haha so funny. Yup she has psychoed us to go for salsa dancing next thurs. Hope it's fun :)
I bought a bright red Cornell T-shirt for USD10.50. There's no sales tax charged on clothing items until Monday so now's a good time to buy Cornell clothes. I'll probably get just one more t-shirt. The sweatshirts (esp the hooded ones!), sweaters, jumpers and shorts are also really nice, but I shall resist temptation. Shall comfort myself by taking pictures of them. *pat on the back*
We had cookie night at Barb's House. Barb, short for Barbara, is the Faculty-In-Residence for Balch. (short-form is FIR haha. now I really miss karaoke =P) Later we had a floor meeting where Laura, my RA, alerted us about this really perverted wacko. She received a phonecall at 5am in the morning and the guy on the other side started saying really gross, sick, perverted stuff to her. She wasn't the only one. Apparently quite a few girls on our floor had had such unpleasant experiences. Anyway, all these has been reported to the Cornell Police so she just wanted to alert us about this and made sure we are more vigilant of our property and most importantly of ourselves.
I've got a pretty exciting Friday and Saturday planned already hee. Should be lots of fun. For now, I shall attempt to do some homework and catch up on readings. Take care y'all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahaha. buy me shorts! u mean they sell shorts? i tot now fall/winter? are the summer clothes on sale now? ahaha.. *shoppaholic*

the bummer said...

USD12.95 for imitation Cornell shorts, USD20 to USD25 for the real stuff. got red, blue, grey, white and other colours too. if seriously want, let me know soon cos clothing items have no sales tax until 5 Sep. Yup.

Anonymous said...

hee. post pics of the shorts! btw, dun u get tax refund?