Saturday, September 03, 2005

Sep 2
The first of my two exciting days. After my lesson ended at 1pm, Cherlyn and I dashed out of the lecture hall feeling elated. Met up with Jowyn to go Campus Store, then Collegetown. We (the four of us) each have the same red Cornell T-shirt. One day we'll wear it altogether. Cool. Cherlyn and I then went to Pyramid Mall to get some groceries at Tops. Finally got the Tops Bonus Card which gives fabulous discounts so happy about that too :)
Next was perhaps the highlight of the day: Bhangra Dancing. Yes, don't rub your eyes, it really reads Bhangra Dancing. The hot, vigourous Indian style of dance. Hmm actually i'm not too sure about that too. Someone told me it's a Punjab dance. Maybe Priya can clarify? (If you're reading this that is, or someone help me ask her hee. Thanks!) They conducted a free class-cum-trials. It's really a good workout but I only learnt the dance. Didn't take the trials. No point la, only going to be here for 4 months. But it's really really fun. *grin*
We went to Hong Kong (it's the name of an eatery) to have dinner. Had lemon chicken rice yummy. Then we proceeded to Libe Slope to watch an open-air movie. Quite a cool experience, figuratively and literally again. The wind was strong tonight and my poor roomie didn't bring a sweater out. Other than that, the stars were very pretty, I couldn't see one-third of the screen and the show was lousy. We left about 45 min through the show cos we couldn't tahan the lewd jokes. When we reached Balch, we met the Singaporean freshies. They were going out clubbing. We gave it a miss, too tired already. And I guess you can sort of tell from my sentences, which actually aren't really proper sentences, kind of fragmented here and there, and now I'm rambling on in no sequence and logic whatsoever so maybe it's time for me to stop and go dream sweet dreams. Goodnight everybody :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jyin! i miss you!!! u sound like u are having so much fun! :) continue having fun yeah!