Saturday, September 17, 2005

I'm leaving for Toronto in less than 2 hours. Will be spending the weekend there, watching Les Miserables, eating bak chor mee and going to see the Niagara Falls (the Canadian side is prettier).
Today is Mooncake Festival Day I think. Or Midsummer Night's. Yeah the moon's suppose to be it's largest or roundest today so I hope I'll be able to see it from the car. Anyway, I'm not going for moonlight paddling anymore, neither am I backpacking. Hope to be able to make it for caving. I miss mooncakes.
We were supposed to have free accommodation in Toronto but there were some complications and we lost it. So last night, our room was like a mini-stock exchange. Cherlyn and I were furiously searching the net for good hotel/hostel deals, liasing with the others thru msn and calling up the hotels/hostels. Think it took us more than 2 hours before we finally got a bed and breakfast that has room for 4 for 2 nights. Phew. Running on pure adrenalin has its drawbacks, naturally. A large cup of tea was barely enough to keep me awake this morning. At least that's settled.
Ooh I went for Salsa yesterday. It's real fun and I was sweating after that, which made me feel good cos I have not exercised since forever. Adipose tissue expanding, jeans shrinking, not good at all. And surprise surprise, Yizhuan, who's this gigantic guy, turned out to be very good at it. I'm impressed for a guy of his size to be able move so nimbly.
Yar so that's sort of the highlights of this week I guess. Prelims start next week. Good luck to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heyhey! :)
sort-of-interesting nugget of info for you 1: yizhuan's my classmate from vjc!
sort-of-interesting nugget of info for you 2: i received your bday card! it's a week early, efficient postal service! haha...thanks lots, it did bring a smile to my face haha. will try to reply to it soon! :)
miss ya too,
el