Monday, September 26, 2005

It seems that I was wrong. Autumn is here. The leaves have begun to turn yellow. Hmmm, I wonder why I didn't observed that earlier. It still doesn't seem to be as cold as I had expected it to be and there are three reasons to explain it. First, it really isn't that cold. Second, I've built up resistance towards cold. Third, I've accumulated adipose tissue aka fat. I shall ponder about this.
This weekend has been more laid-back and relaxing. I had a late night mahjong session on Fri night. Then grocery shopping on Saturday afternoon with the luxury of a car, which translates to not having to carry bags of heavy groceries and wait for the TCAT bus. By the way, it seems that TCAT will go on strike anytime so good luck to me. I've got lessons on the far end of the campus. I just came back from lunch, which was *drumroll* LAKSA! Chin Ning cooked laksa and invited us girls over to eat. It's the traditional kind; he woke up early to stir-fry all the spices. Then still got tau pok and shrimps. Yummy! So overall, it's been a rather happy weekend. Now to tackle my prelims tomorrow...
~~~
Happy Birthday El! Oh yesh, I bet you were just waiting for this right? Let's see, we've known each other for a decade or so, which equals to half our lives, which is wow, a pretty long time yar. Thanks for always letting us bum at your house (mahjong-bridge-movie-stayover) and now that you have your license, driving us around too. Yup so here's to 10 years of silliness and laughter (which always ensues when you and I are together haha) and I hope you'll have a wonderful birthday!
~~~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm. how come u keep eating chinese food in US? ahaha. hmm muz be damn sick of all the western right? =) anyways, i had lunch with el today, and we were counting the yrs we've known each other.. el & me, it's been 8 yrs! gosh. feel old a not? ahaha.. =)

Shu Yi (a.k.a Lao Da, a.k.a. mooshu, a.k.a. shuu) said...

hihi el...hee...has it really been 8 years?we are old!wow...hi jyin...conveniently placed this msg here.i miss you guys... anyway...gathering in week 2 of oct? 7th oct to 15th?i'm writing it here cos i'm hoping that everyone reads this. yep...school sucks but hope everyone is surviving well...i noe i'm not. :(

Shu Yi (a.k.a Lao Da, a.k.a. mooshu, a.k.a. shuu) said...

okie, i realised that i should make it sound more exciting... Who is in for a day of eating, bridge, mahjong, ktv, baileys, desserts and company with the bummiest people in the world! woohoo! yep...that sounds better. :)

Anonymous said...

bwahahaha...
to everyone: THANK YOU!! for all the bday wishes and the phone calls...
to jyin: it was me. :D yes el the barbarian. thanks once again for the card and bday wishes, you have prelims already?? that's scary. but anyways, GOOD LUCK for them, and well good luck to braving the cold which you seem to be doing well. :)
to jyang: yo! haha thanks for meeting me for lunch and for *ahem* victoria's secret..heh. shd come in handy. ;)
to shuyi: yay thanks for organising, dont really need to make it sound more exciting cos we all wanna go anyway! the weekend of oct 8 or 9 is ok, tho afternoon of oct 8 i've got stuff on.

Anonymous said...

okie la, 8th n 9th is okie, but i can't stay late.. so hopefully we meet in the afternoon yeah? hmmm n make it 8th la... cos i hardly get to see my bf anymore now that he is in sispec.. :(

angel* said...

i can't go!! -wails-