Sunday, October 23, 2005

Alrighty, finally found the mood to blog. Mood = crappy.
Guess most people know about the scare my laptop gave me. I bought this second-hand Dell to bring to Cornell so it's only 3 months old. Wait, I should correct that. It has been in my possession for 3 months. It's actual age is *gasp* 4 years. Of course the guy I bought it from didn't tell me its age. I found out when I was surfing the Dell website looking for the technical support hotline. I keyed in the service tag number and this window pops up, telling me how ancient my laptop is. Maybe I shouldn't call it an it anymore. She's (my laptop) very much a woman, concealing her real age from me. See how crappy I am?
Anyway, there is more. Apparently I overworked her on Sunday cos Monday morning when I tried to switch her on (to check the weather so I know how much to wear, and yesh I'm serious), she didn't. Then on Tuesday, she still didn't. And Wednesday. By then, she was placed at the corner of my desk already, instead of the centre position she previously occupied. On Thursday, I was packing my bag and ready to retire to my bed with a book (not textbook I assure you), I decided to try her one last time and voila! She decided to grace me with her kind attention. So now I'm happily blogging and I promise to treat her well lest she throws another tantrum. Yup, guess that's enough of my laptop (should I call her Penelope? hmm....)
I had 2 mid-term exams this week. Relatively manageable. The daily temperature is low and still lowering. It's just below freezing point at night and the highest daily is around 15 degrees celsius. According to the forecast, snow is expected on Monday but I'm not counting on it. I bought a bottle of marinade-cum-stir-fry sauce and suddenly, fresh meat is so much more palatable. I've lost my tan from FOC so my skin colour looks much like the Hainan chicken skin colour. Ugh. But my hair is straight *grin*. It's still straight. And I'll repeat that again. It's still straight.
I've got about 2 more months left here. Gosh time really flies. I wish it wouldn't. Mood = subdued.

No comments: