Monday, October 24, 2005

I just did the craziest thing ever: Riding a rollercoaster at near zero degrees celsius in the rain!! Well make that 3 rollercoaster rides actually... Siao boh...
Another trip organised by HILC, Cherlyn and I happily chup in haha. We went to Six Flags Theme Park at Darien Lake, Buffalo. The bus left at 10, we reached at 12.45pm or so, where we met up with Jowyn. Jowyn spent the weekend at Rochester with a friend and judging by the interesting stories we heard, she had a rather wild time there. *cough, frat party, cough cough* Yeah anyway, it was the worst day to be at an amusement park because it was cold and wet. It rained almost perpetually and temperatures were definitely sub-10. I'm pretty certain that as the afternoon progressed, it hit sub-5 at some time cos we could see the mist from our breath. But did that deter us? Of course not!
The first ride we took was the Viper. That one was pretty cool, turned us upside down once or twice with the loops. Then we headed for the Boomerang. The Boomerang was pretty interesting. We were first carried up a slope backwards so we were looking down on the slope. Then suddenly, without any warning, the brakes were released and we zoomed down the same slope we climbed up, up and down, sideways, a couple of loops and then a slow climb up another slope, this time facing forward. Then the entire ride repeats backwards. Wicked eh? We did the bumper cars too but I was quite unlucky cos my car wouldn't move. If my estimation is correct, I was displaced a grand total of 5 metres from my original position, thanks to the other cars bumping me along. Shucks.
By then, it was really unbearably cold so we hid in the theatre for awhile. Halloween's around the corner so the performance was entitled "Dead Man's Party". A mix of song and dance, it wasn't too bad plus it kept us out of the rain for quite awhile. After that brief respite (I admit I really needed it cos I dun have a high threshold for fast rides, even though I like the thrill...), we went for THE ride. Ride of Steel a.k.a the Superman ride is one helluva ride. The start of the ride is the worst. Here are the Ride Facts:
1. First Drop: 205 Feet (about 62m!!!)
2. Angle of First Drop: 70 degrees (argh!)
and there are some more but not that important. I really really hate the feeling of free fall after that ride, cos after the first drop, there were at least two more not-so-high-but-bad-enough drops so the feeling really really sucked. *shiver* But the rides are damn fun la. See how contradictory I am? Sigh.
So that concludes my weekend. Some highlights next week include having Thursday off cos the only lesson that day is a take-home prelim, hopefully getting a pair of chunky boots cos my track shoes are leaking from the soles and my cheap boots are slippery, a big cooking event and comm service at YMCA. Yeah man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jingyin! boo hoo hoo... i did horribley for all my midterms. i am soooooo STUPID! >.<