Friday, May 05, 2006

My exams ended yesterday. It took far too long in my opinion. 20 days from the start of the first paper to the end of the last paper. That's as good as 3 weeks of exams. Which also translates to about 1 month of being cooped up at home studying. Well all that is over so... WHHEEEEEE!! The bummer is out to play!!

Right after my exams, I met up with Shuyi at IKEA. I wanted to buy bath towels but after 45 mins of browsing IKEA, let's just say that there are better places to shop for towels. Hopped over to Queensway to check out sports shoes after that before heading home for a nap and a jog. So yesterday wasn't that eventful la.

Shu and I went to MacRitchie today. Supposed to meet at 8am so I left the house at 7am. I can only say that it has been way too long since I travelled early in the morning so there was heavy traffic everywhere and I was very late. Which is quite unusual cos among my bunch of best frens, I'm the only one who is either early or punctual. It's really comical sometimes because if the whole bunch of us is going out for lunch or something, approx 5 min before the arranged meeting time, I'll either get calls or sms saying "sorry jyin i'll be late". Almost always, without fail.

We had no idea that we were about to face a whooping 10km hike. It's 5km to the HSBC Tree Top Trail (TTT) and 5 km back. Which we did not know before hand. So it was a kind of "wow" feeling but of course it didn't deter us. Know this: when a woman is determined to burn calories, nothing short of a meteorite crashing will stop her. We hiked at a leisurely pace, chatting and catching up with each other's lives. We reached the TTT at 10am, so that's 1.5 hrs to trek 5km. The TTT is a 250m long suspension bridge and it really really is a long way up from the forest ground. They weren't kidding when they said it was tree-top. You can only walk one-way when you're at the TTT so we took our time there to read the various info signs and identify the trees or plants featured in the signs.

So after that, we decided not to take the same 5km route back to the main entrance cos it was just too long. We took another trail and walked for about 45 min before reaching a bus stop (a.k.a. civilisation haha), took a bus down to Thompson Plaza area and had lunch.

I just hope I didn't eat more than what I burnt in calories. Then the whole hike would have been pointless :) Happy hols ppl!

No comments: