Sunday, June 03, 2007

There's something about meeting people from the not-so-recent past that sets me into a contemplative mood. Just yesterday, Jyang and I met 1SG XY at La Senza. Hee. It's been awhile since I last saw her and of all places, we had to bump into one another at a lingerie boutique. I'm very glad to see her in good health and cheer. And she gave me some good advice too. 2 weeks ago, I met a primary school classmate in NTU. Like wow. I totally lost contact with that bunch of classmates, esp the guys cos I entered a girls' school after PSLE.

There are acquaintances, old friends that I don't see, old friends that I regularly see and present friends. Some friendships I had lapsed into "stranger-hood", perhaps some part due to neglect. Such is life I guess. Life changes, I change, people around me change too. I walk the path that I've set upon. Inadvertently, it brings me closer to some and further away from others. The distance adds a certain fondness and curiosity when I bump into these friends or hear news about them. That doesn't mean I'm not fond of my present friends. In fact I cherish them very much because they are currently part of my life, actively adding to my life experiences.

Just my two-cent's worth on the topic of friendship. I blame this piece on The Alchemist, a partly fictional and partly inspirational book I'm reading now. I'm usually not so introspective.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.