Monday, December 15, 2008

Had a busy, busy week. Hmm... where to start? 

Let me start by elaborating on my last post. I think I shocked a few people, sorry for worrying you. A senior took us out for dinner that night and on the way back to the hotel, the car was stopped by the highway patrol because there were 4 ppl seated at the back without seatbelts. Really sian-half. Now I'm just waiting for my ticket to come in the mail so that I can go pay my fine.

Monday to Thursday morning was mostly spent learning this software that I'll be using for work in the future. Then also squeezed in 2 house-viewings in the evenings. And attended my first Ho-Ho on Wed evening. Ho-Ho is the weekly company party. Free food, drinks and many little kids running around with face paint and goody bags because the theme this time was Children's Holiday Party. Being young-at-heart, I took a picture with Santa:



Thursday afternoon and Friday were the most "exciting" days (read: mentally-draining, exhausting, busy!!!). In summary, I got my car on Thurs afternoon and took 4 exams on Friday. 

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES, nice and small (unlike that huge monstrosity called the rental car that has gotten us into parking troubles TWICE at Ranch 99, the Asian supermarket). The entire process of getting a car was based on communication, trust and blind faith but I'm not feeling too eloquent now so I'll leave that for another post.

Currently still having some housing issues, sigh. Really hope things will turn out for the better soon. Not left with much time at the hotel. Many thanks to Kor, Yu-san, Gills for your encouraging comments and also all of you out there for your concern (I know you all care, just shy to say right? Heh).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Jing Yin!! Don't worry, we haven't forgotten you yet hee.

Enjoy your stay yah, may be tough at the beginning, but is surely going to be a great experience when you look back next time.

Hope everything is working out well over there, and take care!!