Friday, August 26, 2005

Aug 25
First day of school. Shucks.
Biostats was pretty ok, but the lecturer follows the textbook closely, so bo pian must buy that one. Also, this course has no final exam. Rather, it has 3 exams that are worth 20% each, the last one being a take-home exam. The other 40% comprises assignments and class-participation. I went to crash the latin class, which turned out to be surprisingly small, like 8 ppl only. However, the pace is very fast and there's alot of homework. Plus the class meets every day at the same time so there's no way I can attend it on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Sigh, I wonder when I'll have a chance to pick up the language.
The medical parasitology course is not bad also, just the location is too ulu. I got lost of course , that goes without saying. The lecturer is pretty humourous but talks a bit too fast. He wore this bright green tie and told us that protozoa is anything that's been excluded from the other groups. I like that. The course is pretty much textbook and lecture-based. 3 exams also, each one being a 50 MCQ paper. Alright man! *victory sign*
Me and roomie are currently tearing our hair out over whether to buy textbooks or not, and where to get the cheapest textbooks.
~~~
Seems like I neglected to talk about the weather in greater detail. Well the sun rises at about 6am and sets only slightly before 8pm. So we've got long long days here. That's for now. Upperclassmen tell us that autumn is zero to five degrees celsius. Autumn. Gosh.
~~~
So I just came back from the Cornell Cinema, they were screening Kung Fu Hustle. Yeah I know it's really old but hey it was free-of-charge so why not? On the way back, we passed by two parties. Those with loud music. Yup those kind. It's pretty tame I guess, but one can never tell from the outside. At least there were Cornell policemen on standby, so things probably won't get out of hand.

No comments: