Saturday, September 10, 2005

It's the end of another sch wk. Always glad when Friday comes. Tonight was quite an interesting night. Some guys over at HILC decided to cook a grand feast of black pepper chicken, ma po tofu, chicken curry and stir-fried caixin. Of course I was there, that goes without saying hee. But jokes aside, I really didn't eat that much cos I had a late and heavy (and not to mention rather expensive) lunch.
Just got back from the observatory, went there to see stars. Really lucky tonight cos the sky is clear so the stars seem really bright. But it's still not dark enough. Oh and yes, Cornell has an observatory. Nothing too spectacular, it does look like a mini-Taj Mahal from far. They only open on Friday nights, so I got a chance to see some stars close-up (they're still teeny weeny bright spots actually...) and Mars (which is just this much bigger bright dot). Yeah I guess I'm not really a "star" person but I do like to gaze at them. So pretty! The nicest ones I've seen so far are still the ones I've seen 5 years ago, halfway up Mt Kinabalu. Ah, those were really really gorgeous. I miss those days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just went up mount kinabalu early september with (msg) emily. it was a cloudy night unfortunately but the sunrise was nice, even though we caught it on our way up rather than actually at the top :) - zn