Monday, September 12, 2005

It's starting to get cold here. Oh well, I did choose to come in fall so that I can experience the colder seasons so I shouldn't complain. So yesterday, I went to Stewart Park for the annual SSA picnic. It's a nice place, beautiful view of the Cayuga lake and plenty of weeping willows lining the edge of the lake. We amused ourselves at the playground. There was even a carousel! And of course we had to pay to ride. The whole group of us Singaporeans just hopped onto the little "ponies" and reverted back to childhood hee. The guys tried to fly a kite, which sparked off the joke "How many engineers does it take to fly a kite?" But really, with all those mech. engineers, 1 civil engineer and i dunno how many other engineers, I dun think anyone managed to get the kite to fly above the trees, so that's pretty sad.
Last night, the four of us went to watch Cornell Chaos, which is a dance concert. 10 of the most popular dance groups on campus performed, I can't say that all of them were terrific, but my personal favourites were the tap dance, one of the hip-hop groups and Cornell Bhangra. (yeah surprise surprise... bhangra) Ooh so tempted to put on my dancing shoes again. Darn.
After the concert, we went to "chill out" at Collegetown. No lah, not like drinking booze or anything, we are good Asian girls okay... Went to have a really late dinner at Asian Noodle House. I had beef stewed noodle soup which was delicious. Must go back to eat again. Then we walked over to Collegetown Bagels where Denise got coffee and a bagel and we all sat down to play taitee. Oh man, I think I'm addicted. Well, as you should already know, things will happen when the four of us are together. This time, Jowyn knocked over Denise's coffee cup and spilt coffee all over the cards. Luckily, the weather here is dry, so we were playing again in 15 mins haha. Someone sign me up for rehabilitation.
Oh I heard news about next year's FOC (thank you Rosanne!). Can't believe I'm getting excited about it now... Sheesh, I thought I grew up somewhere between my 19th and 20th birthday. I'm keen to hear more about it, SBS ppl pls msn, email or post comments and keep me updated yar? Thanks!
Realised I haven't posted pics for a loooooonnnnnggggg time...

The view from the clock tower. If you looked closely near the bottom of the pic, in the middle there's this intersection. Well that's Ho Plaza. And if you look real closely some more, you'll notice some blue and yellow markings. That's a chalk advertisement. It's all over campus, clubs and associations draw, scrawl on the pavements to publicise their activities.

Another pic of the Harry Potter Library. I heard there's a brain collection too...

Paintball! (PAINball) That's Anna in the "Singapore is Sexy" T-shirt. Yesh dear platoonmates, Anna is very fine and well. (Me too, in case anyone is concerned...)

Alright, back to studying :)

No comments: