Monday, November 14, 2005

Went to watch an American Football match yesterday (Saturday). Cornell vs Columbia. We were victorious. I would like to thank my brother for introducing me to Eyeshield 21, a Japanese manga that's about American Football in Jap high schools. I was able to make sense out of the game. Otherwise, it just looks like people piling on top of one another. Basketball is another sport that I dun watch but read about. Think most people of my generation should have at least heard of Slam Dunk right? Yeah, that is one really good manga series. I digress.
Anyway the director of the International Students Office was very kind to organise a lunch (pizza) cum info session about American Football. Then later, we all trooped down to the stadium to watch the game. It's the last game played on home ground for the season, so the turnout was pretty large. We were told that this game was particularly significant for the seniors (graduating/final year students) cos it's their last game in Cornell. It was nice and sunny too, a pleasant change from the cold of Thursday and Friday. It was actually quite an easy win for Cornell. In fact, we always had the upper hand. After the game, we went down to the field to take pictures with the football players. Finally I know where all the cute American boys are hiding. My roomie is quite gaga over them now, but it's just a phase so hopefully it'll pass haha. What about me? Haha well that's something for me to know and u to never find out *smirk*
Besides that, there's basically nothing much happening now. The week that just passed was a rather boring one. We had little homework, one or two quizzes and no major tests. Not that I'm complaining but that did help to occupy my time now that Penelope is far far away in Neverland. Cherlyn and I watched about 6 movies I think over the course of the week. Movie rental in my hall. Did I tell you I love Balch? hee.
I'm looking forward to next weekend though. We're taking a trip down to New York City for broadway and to check out THE PREMIUM OUTLET (translates to more SHOPPING) *grin* Thanksgiving Break comes right after that weekend and I'll be going to Philadelphia, Washington D.C. and New Jersey. After that, the exams are round the corner. Hopefully there'll be enough snow by then for us to take a day off to go skiing during the study break. Then after exams, I'll probably go to Florida and head back to New York City to spend Christmas. And then, I balik kampung.

No comments: